I am in a union and have been wrongfully terminated. Can Mr. Johnston still represent me in lawsuit against my employer?


In most cases, yes.  For many types of claims, an aggrieved employee can bring both a union grievance and a legal action in court at the same time.  Also, even if you already have gone through the union grievance process and lost, you may still be able to sue your former employer in a legal action in court.